Monday, July 4, 2011

Knitted Flower

I decided today to show how I make a knitted flower. This is a flower I'm making for the legwarmers that I just completed. I hope you try it out. 

I started out with some left-over yarn, use a DK weight.  I used  Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino and a size 4 mm circular needle.  You don't need a circular needle but I just prefer to use it  instead of a straight needle.


The pattern comes in different sizes but I chose a 6 petal flower, so here is what you do:



Cast  on 74 stitches  using the  long-tail cast on method..here is a video on cast on method
Row 1:  Purl

 

Row 2: :  K2, *K1 slip this st purlwise back onto left needle, lift next 9 sts on left needle one by one over this st and off the needle, yfwd twice, then knit first st again, k2.  Repeat from * to end.

Row 3: K1, *P2tog, K1,K1tbl, P1.  Repeat from *to last st, K1.

Row 4:  Knit

Row 5: P2tog to end of row.

Break yarn and thread through remaining stitches.  Use as a single flower or stack 2 together.



Tadah...  Here is the finished flower.  So simple....so sweet.  I will put a button in the center for a  finishing touch.

I hope you enjoy it !!

Alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment